If you have been using Adobe Analytics (regardless admin or user), you should have known by now, Adobe has stopped supporting Legacy user ID. All user management will now be done in Admin Console (https://adminconsole.adobe.com). In this post, I will be taking you through on how to manage Adobe Analytics user permissions in Admin Console. If you do not have access to Admin Console yet, do speak to your Adobe representative and get it set-up! Before we proceed, do note that Product Profile is the equivalent of a permission group. That’s the term Adobe chose to go with, and we will be referencing that to remain consistent.
- Create new Product Profile
- Manage users in Product Profile
- Manage group permissions in Product Profile
- Duplicate a Product Profile
- Copy users list from another Product Profile
1. Create new Product ProfileOnce you’re in Admin Console, go to the Products page. On the Products page, you should see the whole list of Product Profile. Product Profile is the equivalent of a permission group, where you can define the level of access and manage the users accordingly. To create a new permission group (Product Profile), select New Profile. Give your new permission group a name and description. If you want users to be notified (by email) whenever they are added or removed from this group, leave the User Notifications on. Once that’s done, you will see the new Product Profile as below. Click on the Product Profile (Test Profile in this case) to manage the users and permissions.
2. Manage users in Product ProfileTo add an existing user to the Product Profile, select Add User. Once selected, you will be shown the popup below. Type in keywords to search for the desired user. Once found, select the user and select Save. Once done, you should see the new user in the Product Profile. In addition, if you have chosen to enable User Notifications for the Product Profile, the user added will receive an email notification from Adobe.
3. Manage group permissions in Product ProfileTo manage group permissions, select Permissions tab. There are 5 main categories:
- Report Suites
- Report Suite Tools
- Analytics Tools